Tuesday 20 September 2011

Let me introduce myself.

My name is George Hannington.

I don't want to reveal too much about myself, as I fear for my privacy on the internet somewhat (disclosing my full name, I am comfortable with. I could be anywhere in the world), so for now we will leave it at that.

I have reached a time in my life where everything is new. University is long behind me, I am starting a new job soon, at a research lab, which is fantastic. My girlfriend and I split up recently. Maybe that isn't quite as great, but it does feel liberating, even if I am hurting a little inside still, and I have just moved into a new flat on my own.

And this is why I thought I would start a blog here. So I could document what I feel during this exciting period. Share it with anyone who wishes to talk to me. It really is thrilling; the world is my oyster.

My first day in the lab is on Friday. I will be having an induction day, simply to look at their methods of doing things, their practical etiquette, and in order to meet the staff I will be working with (and under, I suppose!). I'm a little nervous, I haven't actually held a job since graduating that is relevant to my degree (Chemistry, with modules taken in Biochemistry) - It'll feel like I'm being examined all over again - but it should all go smoothly, I just have a horrible tendency to panic a bit when meeting new people. Social extrovert, yet an introvert at heart, that's me!

By the way, if anyone is wondering about the URL, I am shockingly bad at picking website URLs, so I just chose two words from a song I was listening to at the time. For interested parties, Kissing Families, by Silversun Pickups.

I will update you when I have something interesting to say.

-GH.

No comments:

Post a Comment